SMART4ALL is a funding programm that fosters transfer knowledge and technology between academia and industry. It targets Customised Low-Energy Computing (CLEC) for Cyber Physical Systems (CPS) and the Internet of Things (IoT).
The promoted technology can be used in various fields of application of the following four pillars:
- Digitized Transport
- Digitized Environment
- Digitized Agriculture
- Digitized Anything
Which funding measures are available?
KTEs – Knowledge Transfer Experiments (open for proposals)
A novel type of experiments allowing smaller projects, or less mature ideas to be presented, tested and thus potentially find the fertile ground to grow and reveal its product potentials. KTEs act as internships / traineeships, apprenticeships and short-term training programmes for unemployed people for vacant digital jobs.
- Expected duration: short-term (3 months)
- Scheme: Internships projects between two different entities from two different EU Countries: one Academic/Industrial partner who act as Sending Organization and one Academic/Industrial partner who act as Host Organization. Beneficiaries
- Budget: up to 8,000€ to cover mobility allowance for implementing the internship.
- Submission Deadlines on 15th July 2020, May 2021 and May 2022
Focused Technology Transfer Experiments (FTTEs) (not published yet)
Within this type of experiments, one party transfers to the receiving partner a specific hardware or software technology in order to enable improved product or processes.
- Expected duration: short-term (up to 9 months)
- Scheme: Two different entities from two different EU Countries: one Academic and one Industrial or two industrials.
- Budget: up to 80,000€ to cover staff, travel and equipment
- Submission Deadlines on 30th September 2020, August 2021 and August 2022
Cross-domain Technology Transfer Experiments (CTTEs) (not published yet)
Complex multidisciplinary transfers and productization of novel CLEC CPS and the IoT technologies to wider markets.
- Expected duration: short-term (12 months)
- Scheme: Three (3) entities from at least two different EU Countries (at least one SME; the experiment should be led by the SME)
- Budget: up to 80,000 € to cover staff, travel and equipment
- Submission Deadlines on February 2021, November 2021 and November 2022