Digital, media and creative industries, like almost no other sector, are up-to-date and on the cutting edge. Creative industries stand for the creative force of change, which leads to social and economic progress and can help us to keep up with the rapid technological, economic and social developments in the age of digitisation and globalisation. Additionally, it can make a contribution to preparing cities and regions of a country for the future.
Design & Usability
The Cluster management uses numerous measures to promote the innovation field Design & Usability. Their focus lies on the profit-making nature of the businesses. Excluded are all those businesses or institutions that – for the most part – do not finance themselves through the market, but are instead financed or supported publicly.
- Developments and trends in the field of interactive products: Virtual and Augmented Reality | Smart Home | Media Streaming | Internet of Things | Wearables and Fitness/Health Gadgets | Material Design
- Important annual events: World Usability Day | MobX | IA Konferenz | Innovationskonferenz Design
- The most popular provider of further training opportunities in the fields of Usability and User Experience is the institute artop | Institute at the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.
- The UX Design Awards honour extraordinary design and user orientation with regard to products, digital solutions and services.
- New forms of human-computer interaction (HCI) are being studied, for example, at the Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute, at the University of Potsdam or in the framework of the project Berlin Brain-Computer Interface
Selected funding programmes
- ProFIT | The programme ProFIT provides funding to research, innovations and technologies; it supports research and development and the subsequent market placement activities in technology-heavy industries.
- Design Transfer Bonus | The funding programme Design Transfer Bonus supports the transfer of design -related expertise from businesses of the design industry and from higher education institutions to small and medium-sized enterprises, which develop technology-oriented products or services.
- Berlin Innovativ – Berlin innovation | The programme Berlin Innovativ – Berlin innovation offers financing with reduced interest rates for investments and operating equipment. It focuses on mid-tier companies (with up to 500 employees).
- Mikrokredit Brandenburg | The programme Mikrokredit Brandenburg offers support for small and medium-sized enterprises, start-ups and companies’ successors as well as young entrepreneurs in the form of loans at low interest rates.
- Gründung innovativ | The funding programme Gründung innovativ supports start-ups with innovative business ideas and the takeover of innovative businesses in the state of Brandenburg.
- Brandenburgischer Innovationsgutschein (BIG) | Das Programm Brandenburgischer Innovationsgutschein, abbreviated BIG, supports innovative projects of small and medium-sized enterprises, including handicraft businesses. The associated programme “BIG Transfer” supports, among other things, the transfer of design expertise.
- Other funding programmes are: BIG Digital, BIG FuE, BIG EU.